In this program, you’ll gain a strong understanding of the social, cultural, spiritual, psychological and physical experiences of women to provide quality maternity care. You’ll study holistic assessment in midwifery; the nature of woman-centred midwifery practice; midwifery care across the childbearing continuum; legal and ethical requirements; bioscience and anatomy and physiology; research and evidenced based practice.
In this program you will:
- Learn how to provide woman-centred, evidence-based care to women and their families
- Learn midwifery skills in a simulated environment with state-of-the-art technology
- Gain practical experience through placements at clinics, maternity services, and private midwifery practices
- Engage with 10 women across the continuum of care, from antenatal visits, to labour and birth, and postnatal visits
- Learn from dedicated midwives, educators, and researchers
During the program, in addition to 10 continuity of care experiences, you will complete a minimum of 700 midwifery practice hours. In some cases, additional practice hours may be undertaken to complete all the Midwifery Practice Experiences required for the program.
- Registered midwife in hospital or community settings, metropolitan, rural and remote locations or private practice midwife, midwifery educator and researcher.
Throughout your course you will develop and enhance your clinical skills within all areas of maternity care including labour ward, community and the ante/postnatal wards. You will also have the opportunity to experience care in a variety of multi-disciplinary settings and non-maternity settings which could include the special care baby unit (SCBU), Gynaecology, theatres and high dependency units (HDU).
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.